[THIN] Re: How many servers?

  • From: "Brian Madden" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:23:21 -0400

Keep in mind that TScale's effectiveness is largely dependent on the
applications.

In my experience, TScale works best with the big stupid apps, like SAP,
Peoplesoft, Meditech, Oracle, etc, etc..

If you're only using Office, TScale gives maybe a 5-10% advantage instead of
35%. (I'm sure there are some back-door shenanigans going on at MS where
their apps just "happen" to run more efficiently than other non-MS apps..
which is why TScale doesn't work as well with them.)

Brian

Brian Madden
+1 202.302.3657
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--------
Visit www.brianmadden.com for thin client white papers, books, product
reviews, courseware, and training videos.