[THIN] Re: Hiding drives

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:18:17 -0700

Local policy can be set to hide the CD -ROM.   In W2K, go through the
Security Config and Analysis.  It's one of those.  Here's one from my .inf:
MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AllocateCDRoms=1,1

                      "Rusty Yates"

                      <ryates@thepeople        To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      place.com>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: Hiding
drives
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      03/18/2004 08:07

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

I also would like to hide the cd-rom drive on our Citrix servers which is
drive (E:).  I'm able to hid A thru D using group policy but how would I
hid
E:.

Thanks, Rusty