[THIN] Re: Hide CDROM

  • From: "Jon Wallace" <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:24:37 -0400

Hi Angela,

You could remove the drive letter and then mount it to an NTFS path instead,
say C:\CDROM.  That way you can always get to the CDROM by going to that
location.  Following that, if you needed a drive letter for whatever reason in
the future (say an install required it) you can always SUBST a drive letter
temporarily, but the main point is that the CDROM is accessible without needing
to revisit Disk Management each time you need it.

Regards,
Jon
  From: cwegener@xxxxxxxxxxx
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:47:46 +1100

  Hi Angela,

  You could assign a different drive letter to the CDROM an then hide the new
drive letter via GPO. So you can still use G: as a network mapping.
  That's how I would do it.
  Christoph

  On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Angela Smith wrote:

    Hi

    When users run Windows Explorer, the Citrix Server CDROM is mapped.  Is
there a way to stop the CDROM mapping so its not mapped?  I dont want to hide
the CDROM letter via a GPO as I want to use the same drive letter to map to a
network share.

    Eg CDROM uses drive letter G:  I want to map G: to map to another network
location

    I know I can remove the letter assigned to the CDROM on each server via
Disk Management but I would rather not as I use the CDROM on each server once
in a while.  Im hoping there would be a GPO that would prevent the CDROM from
mapping.  I could then use the same drive letter to add my new network mapping

    Thanks
    Ang

    Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your
friends
    believed to be clean.

  believed to be clean.

  Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what’s new with your friends