[THIN] Help track down the .exe!

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:55:00 -0400

Server: Win2k SP3 - MF XP FR2 SP2

Does anyone have the Shadow Taskbar working with Appsec enabled??

I use MS Appsec to create a list of programs that are allowed to be
executed by standard users.  This helps to keep people from executing
random and unwanted programs.

I have used filemon and watched (with appsec disabled) as a person
successfully shadowed another session.  Then just for testing, I added
EVERY single .exe that was show as being started in filemon to the
appsec list.  Still when I enable appsec, the shadow taskbar with come
up fine, by when you select a session to shadow it says "Unable to start
the shadow session. wfica32.exe not present in your system directory."
Disable appsec...it works fine!

Any other way to find out what .exe is being called as a child
process?

Thanks,
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147