From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Hoesly,Rob
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:48 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: Help! Citrix XP Not Listening on Port 1494

Jay,

Thanks for the tip, I looked at those registry sections and sure enough, the
WDICA key and subkey, as well as the LEGACY_WDICA and subkeys were missing.
I exported the WDICA section from a working server and imported it, rebooted
and still there was no 1494 listener. The final fix was to export the
LEGACY_WDICA from a working server and import it - by the time I did a
netstat there was already a listener on 1494!

To shed some light on this "unknown" issue, I did have MF XPe 1.0 SP2
installed and working, but since we do not support that Service Pack yet, I
uninstalled it and put on MF XPe 1.0 SP1. That was about the time the
problem started... The other troubleshooting was using the "imaverify.exe"
Citrix tool to find 4 files that had different timestamps and checksums
between a working server and mine. Here are the details:

File                            Path
Description
--------------------
ImaMfRpc_Client.dll     M:\WINNT\system32
MF RPC Client
MfPnSal.dll                     M:\WINNT\system32\Citrix\IMA
Program Neighborhood SAL
MfPnSs.dll                      M:\WINNT\system32\Citrix\IMA\subsystems
Program Neighborhood Subsystem
MfRpcSs.dll                     M:\WINNT\system32\Citrix\IMA\subsystems MF
RPC Subsystem

To fix these file differences, I manually copied all but the
ImaMfRpc_Client.dll and overwrote the existing files. To get the other file
fixed, I had to boot into the Recovery Console and manually copy the
ImaMfRpc_Client.dll from a floppy disk over the existing one in the System32
directory. Judging by what I've seen, I'd say there is definitely something
wrong w/ the SP2 uninstall process!

Thanks again for saving me a couple hours rebuilding that box today!

-Rob