[THIN] Re: HP Thin Clients (newer Models)

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:32:57 -0700 (PDT)

Check to make sure that there is only one job scheduled in Altiris for the
client.  If a job fails and you start another one the previous job remains
under the client information screen waiting to run on the next pxe boot. If you
have several jobs set to run you'll get a reboot loop.

Also sometimes the altiris after configuration task causes this.  Open the job
by right clicking on it and choosing properties.  Click on the deploy image
task and choose Modify.
Uncheck the box to automatically perfom configuration tasks after modifying
image.
Clear the previous images set to run on the client and then push the client
back out the client.
Reboot the client and press the F12 key when prompted to run the PXE boot.  If
the client already has a partial OS on it you will need to do this manually.

JK

.com> wrote:

I had the same problem if that makes you feel better. I still have not had a
chance to get it working?so if you find the solution please let me know.

Senior Network Administrator