[THIN] HP Printer preferences reset

  • From: Cherie Kelly <cherie.kelly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:09:45 +1000

Hi Guys

I have a problem which I believe is a HP problem and have raised a call for.
But they are proving to be most unhelpful.

I have a W2k Print Server and Metaframe XP on W2k Tse's.

When users change the paper settings to landscape on their mapped printers,
it allows the change but when they go
review the change it is back to portrait.

I have run Regmon whilst recreating this problem and the it updates the
registry with the new settings but the last thing it does is
delete the value it updated, hence negating the change.

This problem only occurs when using the HP 5100 driver. I have tried both
PCL and PS drivers and both have the same problem.

Has anyone had this kind of problem with any other printers?

Cheers and Thanks

Cherie Kelly
NT Administrator
s Cherie.Kelly@xxxxxxxxxx
É Tel (07) 3364 9876
Ê Fax (07) 3364 9777
È Cell
Mincom. <http://www.mincom.com/> The People. The Experience. The Vision.
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion
of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless
expressly stated otherwise.

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147