[THIN] HOMEDRIVE not set correctly - user does not get a WINDOWS dir

  • From: Jan Homan <Jan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:45:54 +0200

Very simple problem.

W-2000 SP2 terminal server

User profiles are set on the TSE to  e:\Documents and Settings

No home directory set in the usrmgr.

When the users logs-in, the profile of the user is created
in e:\Documents and Settings. Because the home directory is
not set, acoording the documentation the home directory of the user
is the user profile directory.

However the Windows directory is not created in
e:\Documents and Settings\%username%. And the HOMEDRIVE
says c:.

If the user profiles dir is the default dir c:\Documents and Settings
everything works fine. Then the Windows directory is created in
e:\Documents and Settings\%username%

Is this a known bug ?

I know I could set the home directory, but I do not want
to do this.

Any comments/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan