[THIN] Re: Group Policy

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:04:18 -0400

I followed everyone's suggestions but I am still not getting the results I want.

Here is what I have done so far.

I have an OU called "Terminal Servers".  In that OU is a Windows 2000 Terminal
Server (Sp2, hotfixes, MF XPa SP2)

I created two GPO's for that OU.  Once is "Restrictions for Users" and one is
"Restrictions for Admins"

Security for "Restrictions for Users" is as follows:

Apply Group Policy:  Allow is checked for Domain Users, Deny is checked for
Domain Admins.

For Restrictions for Admins: Deny is checked for Domain Users and Allow is
checked for Domain Admins.  The Loopback policy is set to "Replace" for both.

None of the settings are applied for a user or an admin unless that user is
moved from its current OU to the terminal server OU.  I am trying to get it to
apply the restrictions only when a user logs into the terminal server. I want
them to remain unrestricted when they log in to their local Win2k or XP Pro
workstation.

Thanks for all the help.

Greg