[THIN] Re: Ghosting Questions

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:00:42 +0100

By the way  ... just a little bit of info if you are using RDP 1.5
(including altiris DS 6.0) with remapped drive letters
...download Altiris 6 hotfix b.
Read the bottom of the article listed in the URL posted by Rob below.
RDP wont push anything without it to a server with remapped drives.
I got caught by this but was saved when hotfix B was a beta patch.

Dont forget RDP also comes with Bootworks for servers that dont have PXE
cards.
RDP also works well with older Hp/Compaq servers as we have found.

If you have a few blade enclosures that arent fully populated ( esp. if
using 40p's) those licenses can be ahem "transferred" to your non blade
servers ...............HP Blade enclosures come with 8 RDP licenses
regardless.

regards