[THIN] Re: Fwd: DABCC NEWS FLASH - Microsoft Video on next Version of Terminal Services

  • From: Richard Dietzman <boomvader@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

That is why I think we need to sell Citrix as more of
a 'total access solution' and less about it being a
product.

Steve, do check out the video when you get a chance!
Also there are a couple of other MS videos that
recently came out.  Go to:

http://channel9.msdn.com/showforum.aspx?forumid=14

-Richie

--- "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with you Steve!   Yah, the new TS stuff is
> very impressive and
> it will cut in to some of the business Citrix picks
> as some customers
> will say, "Is TS good enough?"
>

> But, some want a product that will completely round
> out the TS
> experience and supply killer management, security
> and control around the
> protocol.  This is where Citrix comes in to the
> picture.  I think it
> will be like an Oracle deal, I mean, people buy
> Oracle because they NEED
> the best but they settle for MS SQL because it is
> good enough.  (Until
> SQL 2005!)
>

> I also agree with Steve's comments about some of
> this stuff shipping in
> 2007 and some of it is going to be further down the
> road.  As we have
> always said, Citrix is years ahead of Microsoft so
> it will be
> interesting what Presentation Server will be doing
> in 2007 and beyond.
> But then it comes back to the question, "Do we need
> that or not, is TS
> good enough to supply us remote access and access to
> applications that
> are bandwidth intensive?"  This is the important
> question and this
> cannot be answered until 2007.
>

> Of course, you must not just look at Microsoft for
> competition to
> Citrix.  What about the Blade PC, VMware Ace and/or
> SoftGrid
> applications?  They all cut in to the value-add that
> SBC brings to you.
> I guess it is time to reassess the market, or will
> be in 2007.... ;)
>

> DB
>

> Douglas A. Brown
>
> President and Chief Technology Officer
>

> Microsoft MVP, Windows Server
>

> DABCC, Inc.
>

> Phone:     (954) 778-9558
>
> Fax:         (248) 479-0621
>

> E-mail:       dbrown@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Web:        http://www.dabcc.com
> <http://www.dabcc.com/>

http://www.dabcc.com/DABCC/WebApplication/Aspx/dabcc.content.aspx?intPKT

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2