[THIN] Re: Fwd: DABCC NEWS FLASH - Microsoft Video on next Version of Terminal Services

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:31:25 -0400

He did say that, but I suspect it really means WinFx so you might get it on
XP.  Oh, and somewhere along the line someone also talked about a sub-Vista
OS for thin devices too.

When it comes to all that new graphics gee-wiz, I think the developers need
to detect TS and offer a "lighter" UI experience.  Microsoft is telling
developers this but will they listen?  Maybe some will.   If they don't I am
thinking about how the graphics engine detects the power of the video card
and adjusts - so maybe we just need to put a crappy card in the server
(since the bits get redirected before reaching the card anyway).

tim

  _____

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:19:45 -0400

* * DABCC NEWS FLASH * *

Microsoft shows off the next version of Terminal Services!

A MUST SEE

09/21/2005 -

Microsoft released a killer video that shows off the next version of
Terminal Services!!  Check out this video interview with Tad Brockway,
Microsoft's Terminal Services Group Program Manager.   In this video, Tad
discusses what Terminal Services is and why you might want to use it.  He
even talks a bit about Longhorn's Remote Programs (Project RAIL, Remote
Application Integrated Locally) and the new HTTPS Gateway for RDP.

For the rest of this article and to download the Microsoft video please
visit:

<http://www.dabcc.com/DABCC/WebApplication/Aspx/dabcc.content.aspx?intPKText
=1109&intPKChannel=13>