[THIN] FrontPage 2002 doesn't connect to web servers

  • From: "Derek J. Lambert" <dlambert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:37:43 -0500

I've got FrontPage 2002 installed on my Win2K sp2 w/ XP fr2 servers.
When I try to "Open web" I get an error message saying the folder isn't
accessible. If I check the logs on the web server, there is no
indication of any attempt. I can browse to the site in IE successfully.
The connection settings are set to bypass the proxy for this web server,
and the web server is in the list of systems to which NT authentication
is allowed. I would think this would all do the trick. It's not a web
server issue as I can connect fine from a locally installed copy of
FrontPage 2002. If I run TDImon or TCPview from sysinternals on the
Citrix server and then try to connect, I never see FrontPage try to open
any connections. Seems like something has effectively (a little too
effectively) disabled network access for FrontPage. If I log into the
server using the local administrator account (thereby bypassing user GPO
settings) I can connect just fine, so I'm now thinking this is where my
problem lies. I've gone through my GPO's quite a few times, and can't
see any settings that would seem to affect this. Has any one experienced
this one before, or have any ideas on what's causing it? Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Derek J. Lambert, MCSE, MCP+I, CCA, A+
MIS Manager
Columbia ParCar Corp.