[THIN] Re: Free tools?

  • From: beers@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:45:23 +0200 (CEST)

Mostly a unix tool, but with cygwin, or unix services Itl work on windows:
RSYNC

in-file incremental replicate util, mostly usefull on small pipes with
abundant CPU. It uses rolling checksums to update files over the net, the
penalty is in the checksum calculations. The bonus is the little data
needed to transfer.

Im quickly liking it much for diskbased backup. That, and Debian -kuch-

A quick off topic for Neil: As Fedora is about the only distro I havent
used, why do you prefer it over Debian?

Richard

> Yup - that and using Fedora and open office to *do* your presentation
> ;-)
>
> Neil

Starting at $199!
http://www.neoware.com