[THIN] Re: Folder Redirection - My Documents

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:02:19 -0000

I do it using %HOMESHARE% - although I apply folder redirection by
script - using the GPO gui just wasn't flexible enough (or allowed
enough other logic for me).

I can't remember whether I had any issues by using an un-obvious
environment variable such as %HOMESHARE% using the GPO mechanism, or not
- 'cos it's been a good few years since I tested it - but it works fine
by scripting it.

There's nothing magic about using GPOs for folder redirection - at the
end of the day, it's just registry values in HKCU.

FWIW, the desktop people, here, now script folder redirection (rather
than the GPO method) for normal PC users.

Neil