[THIN] Re: Flex Profiles Kit - License Infringement?

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:23:29 -0000

on a serious note...laaaaaaaaaaaaa...

well, it may be illegal since one is breaking the licence agreement in terms of
useage.  however, this is part of life and Microsoft clearly recognise this.  I
suspect they would simply not support you.

also, if modifying the binary is illegal then isn't what Tscale is doing when
rebasing and saving out DLL's therefore illegal? loads of 3rd party products
change base OS code in memory.. so whats the difference between modifying code
image whether be on file or on chip?

maybe we should just right a registry saver a la proflwiz.exe... how hard can
it be?  actually, I started one a few moons ago and ran into some
difficulties... Im vague as to the exact details, but it involved  a problem
with QWORDS if I remember rightly, and that the language I was using to extract
the QWORD didn't support a QWORD datatype... and I was way too lazy to define
the data structure and immediately gave up!

though, thinking about it... I reckon there is a mini-market place to write a
flexops like tool.