[THIN] Re: FW: slow session/latency?

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 23:52:33 +1000

Hi Marcus

Will look at SLR options.. Unfortunately other options are not an option..

Wondering if there are any best practice guides for Citrix Policy optimization
for WANs that may help?

Thanks

Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 13:20:24 +0200
From: marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: FW: slow session/latency?

Hej Angela,

latency counts double in RDP and related technologies.
Said that, explained with an example:
Action : Indian user klicks mouse > 150 ms > On Server
Reaction : Server > 150 ms > Reaction to mouseclick on Indian users Screen

Ways to work around?
Maybe SpeedScreen Latency Reduction is an option.

Another option is to shorten the distance between User and Server
- by building a new (small) farm, include as own zone into the
existing structure
- by relocating the whole farm (guess that's unlikely)

hth, Marcus

On 08.04.2015 07:12, Angela wrote:
Sorry wrong ping details sent..

Ping xxxxxxxx [xxx.x.x,xxx] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for xxx.x.x,xxx:
Minimum = 157ms, Maximum = 157s, Average = 157ms

From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: slow session/latency?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 14:54:59 +1000

Hi

Running a 6 x Server XenApp 6.5 farm. I've got users connecting in from
India and they are complaining about performance being slow. Slow
saving documents and slow screen refreshes. The Citrix Server and
Windows File Server are in our main site in Australia so there is no WAN
traversing.. My gut feel is that its simply a latency issue but was
hoping for some suggestions for troubleshooting.. Here is the ping
response from India client to Citrix Server:

Pinging xxxxxxxx [xxx.x.x,xxx] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for xxx.x.x,xxx:
Minimum = 157ms, Maximum = 157s, Average = 157ms

I've deleted the users profile and they are running the latest ICA
Client.. Any other ideas for troublshooting?

Thanks
Ang

From: drooney57@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx