[THIN] Re: FW: Nfuse problems again

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:02:58 -0700

Every time or can you get in one time and then have it stop working?

I had one client that was able to get in one time but then not again until
he cleared his temporary internet files.  I can't recall which I did that
fixed the problem, but I know I tried 3 things.

1.  Reinstalled the ICA client (I don't think this fixed anything, but
didn't hurt either).

2.  This was an XP computer and the User path to TEMP was C:\Documents and
Settings\... The system setting being C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.  I removed the User
setting just because I have seen too many instances of this causing
problems.  I don't recall if this fixed this issue or the next suggestion
resolved it.

3.  I changed the location of his temporary internet files directory by
moving it out of C:\Documents and Settings\... because I figured there was
some sort of corruption there.

I have never seen the problem again on any other systems.  This person had a
LOT of odd web software installed on his system as well that could have
gotten in the way of things, so it's hard to say that anything I did 'fixed'
the problem but may have just broken something else so my stuff worked.

Hope this helps...

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.