[THIN] Re: FW: ICA Multiple screen support Issue

  • From: Daniel Sidler <daniel.sidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:29:54 +0100

Beware that the article mentions to be applicable for PS 4.5 and higher.

Nevertheless we used the settings as described to publish desktops with
5100*964*16 pixels from PS 4.0 to workstations with 4 screens. We noticed
however that the relevant setting tends to "reset itself" to 8192 on reboot,
which required us to implement a startup script to keep it active. All in all
our experience with large published desktops on PS 4.0 was less than delectable
and we're looking forward to deploy XenApp 5 for these applications.

Dan

________________________________
From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] ICA Multiple screen support Issue
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:45:35 +1100

Hi

We have some users that have 3 monitors.  When running Published Applications,
we find that 2 of the monitors work but the third does not.  You cannot drag a
Published Application into the third monitor.  The first 2 monitors are fine
but the third is ignored.  The monitor config is as follows:

19" Monitor (1440 x 900 x 32)
19" Monitor (1440 x 900 x 32)
17" Monitor (1280 x 1024 x 32)

We have not changed the default ICA Display memory allocation.  Farm setting
"Maximum memory to use for each session's graphics" is set to
5625 kilobytes.

Im not sure if the ICA session is running out of memory.  Where can I see the
session memory usage?  Based on articles Ive seen, you can determine the memory
requirements by:

1440 x 900 x 4 = 5184000
1440 x 900 x 4 = 5184000
1280 x 1024 x 4 =  5242880

Based on this calculation these sessions would require 14Mb.  Am on the right
track with this?  Im currently running Citrix Presentation Server 4 on Windows
2003.  ICA Web Client version is 10.150.  Can anyone suggest any other changes
apart from upping the graphics memory to 14Mb in trying to resolve this issue
where I cannot drag to the third screen?

Thanks
Ang

Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?
<http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http://ninemsn.seek.com.au/career-resources/salary-centre/?tracking%3Dsk:het:sc:nine:0:hot:text&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT>
Find great deals on eBay Net yourself a
bargain<http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT>