[THIN] FW: ICA Multiple screen support Issue

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:05:36 +1100

Hi

Further to this, if I set all 3 monitors to 1024*768, all 3 monitors work fine.
 If I set all 3 monitors to 1440*900 the third monitor doesnt work.  It looks
like there is a max resolution limit or the session is running out of graphics
memory.

How can I check to see how much Display memory is in use?.  I changed the Farm
setting "Maximum memory to use for each session's graphics" to the max which is
8192 but I continue to have the issue when working on the max resolution.

Thanks
Ang

From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] ICA Multiple screen support Issue
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:45:35 +1100

Hi

We have some users that have 3 monitors.  When running Published Applications,
we find that 2 of the monitors work but the third does not.  You cannot drag a
Published Application into the third monitor.  The first 2 monitors are fine
but the third is ignored.  The monitor config is as follows:

19" Monitor (1440 x 900 x 32)
19" Monitor (1440 x 900 x 32)

17" Monitor (1280 x 1024 x 32)

We have not changed the default ICA Display memory allocation.  Farm setting
"Maximum memory to use for each session's graphics" is set to
5625 kilobytes.

Im not sure if the ICA session is running out of memory.  Where can I see the
session memory usage?  Based on articles Ive seen, you can determine the memory
requirements by:

1440 x 900 x 4 = 5184000
1440 x 900 x 4 = 5184000
1280 x 1024 x 4 =  5242880

Based on this calculation these sessions would require 14Mb.  Am on the right
track with this?  Im currently running Citrix Presentation Server 4 on Windows
2003.  ICA Web Client version is 10.150.  Can anyone suggest any other changes
apart from upping the graphics memory to 14Mb in trying to resolve this issue
where I cannot drag to the third screen?

Thanks
Ang

Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?
Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT