[THIN] Re: Error Message on Published Desktop

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:54:17 -0800 (PST)

See http://winfaq.msterminalservices.org/faqs2.cfm?id=457&category=2&sortby=date

JK

----- Original Message ----
From: Charles Watts <greg.watts@xxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:25:13 PM
Subject: [THIN] Error Message on Published Desktop

I am have a published Desktop via Windows 2003 SP1 and MPS 4.0 with RC1 and the
users are geting the fllowing error when trying to run a shortcut from their
desktop "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not
have the proper permission to access the item." The desktop is redirected to
their home directory but they also get this error when trying to run this from
the run command. We have not touched a GPO or Local Policy (at least thats what
the other engineers tell me). Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg Watts
Systems Engineer
GTSI Corp.