[THIN] Re: Epic software (Healthcare)

  • From: "Jim Cannon" <Mach1-70@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:02:17 -0500

We run fairly on the leading edge with Citrix and Epic....We are running 4.5
on Windows 2003 SP2 with the 10.1 client.....We also have Web Interface 4.5
implemented so the true clientname can be reported with Workspace Control
enabled....With the 10.x there is a modification you have to make to the ICA
Client but it is outlined in an internal Epic document you can get from your
support person at Epic.....I have to say all positive things about Epic as
they are the most organized vendor I have ever dealt with in regards to
Citrix....They have a monthly emailing that goes out that reports on client
issues / testing such as Microsoft patches, Citrix patches, etc.  They also
have a very impressive training center in Verona Wisconsin that will certify
you in the software (this gets you a "good install" discount")

Any questions, feel free to ask and I will get into more detail....