[THIN] Re: Enable/Disable Publication From Command Line

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:01:36 -0600

>Anyone know of a way to Enable/Disable a published application from the
command line?

I use the following KiX script to control access to one of our apps.
This doesn't "Enable/Disable" an app, but it accomplishes the same end.
We use mainly use it to lock out users when we are doing month-end
reconciliation, but you could use it for any purpose.
;
;  EBMS wrapper script
;
;  This script is used to either 1) start the eEnterprise application or
2) prevent
;  starting it if a certain control file exists.
;
;  09/27/02  MCL   Add feature to include a welcome message if a welcome
message file
;                  exists.
;  04/15/04  MCL   Update for use w/GP 7.5
;

SETCONSOLE ("Minimize")

$ControlFile="\\TULSQL1\Control$\monthend75"
$MsgFile="\\TULSQL1\Control$\ebms75.msg"

;
;  Check for welcome message
;

IF OPEN (1,$MsgFile,2) = 0
   $mess=""
   $x= READLINE (1)
   WHILE @ERROR = 0
        $mess = $mess + CHR(13) + $x
        $x = ReadLine(1)
   LOOP
   CLOSE (1)
   MESSAGEBOX ($mess,"Important Message",64)
ENDIF

;
;  Check for Month-end lockout
;
IF EXIST ($ControlFile)
   MESSAGEBOX ("This application is unavailable due to Month-End
processing. Please try again later.", "EBMS Message", 16, 600)
   EXIT
ENDIF

;
; If we get here, start the app
;

RUN "c:\eEntrprs75\Dynamics.exe c:\eEntrprs75\Dynamics.set"

=====
Just build the control file and the app is blocked, and the user is told
that it's blocked. This script also has the ability to display a message
to the user when the app is launched, whether it's blocked or not. This
is a handy way to notify them that the app has been upgraded, that it
will be offline later, or whatever else you may need to tell the user.
This is controlled by the existence and contents of the message file.

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id)6