[THIN] Re: Download Pick of the week: GenControl

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:44:44 -0500

the program requires you have admin access to the remote computer as it
sends files of the C$ share (thus that share also has to be enabled),
then it installs the service via reg key and starts it.  when you
disconnect, it stops service, remove keys, and deletes files.
however, I've had it leave the c:\vnctemp folder with vnchooks.dll in it
(tested against win2003 machine).  And when I tried to re-connect to
that machine, it failed because the directory already existed and it
said it can't create a directory that already exists.