[THIN] Download Pick of the Week: Moodle Course Management System

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:16:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,
This week I have for you a very neat FREE open source Course Management System
that you can easily implement on your companies Intranet in order to provide
training and testing for your Employees or potential candidates. It is called
MOODLE.  While this is not necessarily Windows or Terminal Services related I
feel that it is something that many people can use and therefore I chose it as
my pick for this week.

Moodle is an out of the box system that you can easily install in minutes and
start preparing online courses and test's for employees or potential employees.
A Good article describing what it does is at:
http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/09/2117200

Note that since the above article was written Moodle has had several updates
and enhancements. There is a bundled package for download on the Moodle site
that gives you the system as well as the apache server and mysql so that you
can easily install it on a vanilla server with minimal experience.

Our company was looking for an easy way to create online timed test's for our
potential employees...Moodle fits that bill nicely. Check out the demo on the
Moodle website.

http://Moodle.Org

Download the package at: http://download.moodle.org/

Jim Kenzig