[THIN] Re: Developer Questions

Hi,

Working with Registry to store app. settings can be hindered by some systems
with elevated security settings. In some cases you will not be able to write
or even read portions of Registry if your app did not pass an audit by IT
security. Another issue is synchronization, which is partially handled by
roaming profiles.

This issue with HIVEs is old and will basically depend on customization
preferences, security concerns and multi-server synchronization.

INI files are easy use and in most cases are OK for home-grown development.
Besides all similar issues with the Registry, this solution is even less
secure. Consider encrypting data when dumping your cobfig changes.

One thing to consider - Active Directory. If handled with care it is
superior to Registry or INI files when scalability and centralized secure
storage are desired.

ALEX