[THIN] Re: Desktop

  • From: "Mads Sørensen" <thinmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:09:46 +0200

Yes.. but that you also would if you are using some other VDI application..

By using Virtuozzo you can start more Desktops on one server, because of the
little overhead - when we are talking Virtuozzo vs. XenServer or VMWare.
And if you are talking about XenApp vs. Virtuozzo, the user in Virtuozzo
will have there own desktop(server) they could play with, have local admin
rights etc. and if they f.. there desktop up, they will simply get a new
fresh one in no time.

We have a big school as a customer and they complain about the students not
having permissions to access the computers with admin rights when they are
teaching IT classes. So by giving them there own VDI desktop they can do
what ever they want. This you can't do with XenApp.. but again I don't
see XenApp and Virtuozzo as competitors

In my opinion Virtuozzo is on the sideline , they are not direct competitors
to any of Citrix's or VMware products. But it really has some potential in
the right environment.

/Mads