[THIN] Re: Desktop

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:09:30 -0700

I don?t have any experience with Provision Networks product, let?s have Rick
comment on that?..

We are talking about PS within each container, no VMWare in this case, using
the container with PS to provide a one user Terminal Server/PS environment!

I don?t know if Xen Desktop will integrate with Virtuozzo containers. I
suspect it won?t because the agent that goes on the workstation (physical,
virtual, blade, etc) is software designed for XP and Vista and is somewhat
unlikely to work in Virtuozzo. I say this because when I have spoken with
the XEN desktop team at conferences they suggested that this agent is kernel
based and specific to the workstation flavor of the OS. That never stopped
us before, so this would need investigation and testing?.

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85266