[THIN] Re: Delete Profile - Local vs. Domain Policy

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:39:26 +0100

I'm not too sure about W2K3 server and the GPO overrides - but in
general, there isn't a sweeping override for a machine to ignore profile
paths (least not for the W2K servers I maintain).

In those cases, the only place the profile path is actually stored on
the machine, is in the per-sid settings under:-

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<SID>

But the DeleteRoamingCache thingmy seems to clear up this area.

As to W2K3 server, I don't have any that are terminal servers to play
around with, so I'm not exactly sure what goes on there, although I
realise the GPO options allow machines to override central settings for
paths.

'sup with the crocodile, dude? ;-)

Neil

e-mail from your system.