[THIN] Re: Dealing with hung processes

  • From: Michel Roth <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:08:14 +0200

Threadmaster does CPU Quota management doesn't it? It isn't as
elaborate as the other solutions mentioned but guess what... it's free
;-)

"ThreadMaster monitors all running applications, and detects when a
application  starts to  use excessive processor resources. It
dynamically hunt down the offending thread, and clamp the CPU for this
thread. This feature ensures that other users can remain working
without noticing anything. The clamped process will eventually finish,
and the clamp will be removed automatically"

http://threadmaster.tripod.com/

Regards,
Michel Roth.

http://www.thincomputing.net

2005/9/14, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The triCerat app looks like it does a whole lot more with general process
> management.  I'm not sure if that suite is tailored towards terminal/citrix
> environments or just a general use application.  Has anyone uses it in a
> Citrix environment?

This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2