[THIN] Datastore problems

  • From: Euan Cooper <Euan.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ThinList (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:47:26 +1300

4 months ago I migrated our SQL datastore from an Alpha box running NT4.0 +
SQL7 to a new Intel box running W2k3 server + SQL2000 using the guidelines I
found on thethin.net.  Everything went as expected and after the migration
everything appeared to work as before.

Around a week ago I tried to change some of our published apps - deleting a
few that are no longer required - changing the mix of servers that publish
one key app and adding a few apps.    Deleting apps appeared to work - the
apps no longer appear in the CMC however adding new apps or changing what
servers are publishing existing apps both fail.  No error messages show up
in the CMC or in the event logs of the MF servers or SQL server.

If I run DSCHECK there are 13 group errors found - DSCHECK /CLEAN is not
able to fix these errors.  I have similar results with DSVERIFY (version .4
& .7) - the utility is able to identify the errors but is unable to
fix/repair them.

Any ideas where to now?  I do have a copy of the Datastore as at the time of
the migration - and we have not actually changed anything significant since
then - (still the same servers, applications and licences) but I am
reluctant to revert to a copy of the data store that is around four months
old.

-Ec

http://www.seamlessplanet.com