[THIN] Data Store and IMA Sizing

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:17:01 -0800

I am working thru designing a Citrix MF PS 3 farm. (with some other Techs)

In the advanced concepts there is a table identifying the size of the data
store (hd space).

Space most likely will not be a problem but I want to work thru it anyways.

One of the items is "add resource manager metric for one server (CMFPS/data
store bytes written/sec) 1808B"
        QUESTION: is this a constant stream to the data store?  Don't think
so but not sure. ZDC???
                            if so then for an example is this what I would
be looking at:
                                    monitoring 10 objects 18,080 bytes per
second from each server back to the data store????

I have also been asked to look into IMA HW sizeing.  Don't really know what
that means?  All the servers are using IMA

Thanks

Doug Stratton
CITS
Technology Development Analyst