[THIN] Data Store Issue

  • From: "Joe Fojut" <Fojut.Joseph@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Citrix Mail List" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:03:36 -0500

We run a WTS 4.0 SP6, MFXP SP1 FR1 farm with a SQL datastore.

We had a server go south and needed to rebuild it.  We removed the Metaframe
software from this server and it was taken out of the farm successfully.
Then we started rebuilding and tried to rejoin the farm with a direct
connection.

The connection tested successfully, but then we got an error.  The error is:
" Unable to retrieve farm name.  Check your connection settings."  and were
not able to establish a connection.  We were using SQL authentication with
the same account we have used on all of the other servers.  However I was
able to successfully set-up an indirect connection through another server.

Any thoughts on where I should go next (other than the bar) with this?  Do I
possibly have a corrupt datastore?

Thanks,

Joe Fojut

Research Computing Facility