[THIN] Re: *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?

  • From: Michael Boggan <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:43:08 -0600

Ok i am running the CMC on my local workstation.  It is showing login times for
users as 1 hour earlier that actual.  I have updated java on my workstation.  I
have changed the timezone on my workstation.  What am I not getting here?  Do I
have to change and reset the TZ on each server?  What's up?  Thanks, Michael
Boggan

Subject: [THIN] Re: *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007
11:29:42 -0400From: emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are all kinds of problems with MS DST patches.  Wrong time zone, time
being 1 hour ahead of the correct time (instead of 1 hour behind).  MS isn't
the only one.  Sun had 2 bugs show up on their website Friday 3/9 and
apparently they knew about them for weeks but didn't release anything until the
Friday prior to DST weekend.

Most major companies handled this extremely poorly considering it was signed
into effect 2 years ago!

Of course, we should just get rid of DST all together, but that's besides the
point.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Schneider, Chad MSent: Monday, March 12, 2007 10:03 AMTo:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?

WE have found an MS article, that the DST fix does not always work.

In fact, we have a location in Terre Haute, IN, that is Eastern Standard.  Time
shows same as Central….DST patches were applied.

According to MS, you need to change the time zone, then change it back.  That
does work.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Claus, BrianSent: Monday, March 12, 2007 8:59 AMTo: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[THIN] *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?

I’m noting that “Logon Time” value in our Citrix Management Console (PS4 on
Windows 2003) has not picked up the DST change although all servers I check
have successfully changed their time to reflect the correct time.  I’ve checked
random member servers, the Data Collector and our backend SQL servers.  All
have the correct time – where might the incorrect value be coming from?

(PS4W2k3R02 has been applied)

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx