[THIN] Re: *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?

  • From: Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:40:18 -0400

on my java runtime 1.5 servers, I had to install update 11 and fix the
JavaHome registry entry as per:

http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=84&threadID=63113&start=0&tstart=0

good luck,
bob

On 3/12/07, christopher.walter@xxxxxxx <christopher.walter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 I had to install any later versions of Java and install verson 1.4.2_13.
Of course I use Presentation server 3.0.    Look to see what version is
required and make that you latest version on your workstation.

Chris

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:29:42 -0400
From: emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There are all kinds of problems with MS DST patches.  Wrong time zone,
time being 1 hour ahead of the correct time (instead of 1 hour behind).

MS isn't the only one.  Sun had 2 bugs show up on their website Friday 3/9
and apparently they knew about them for weeks but didn't release anything
until the Friday prior to DST weekend.

Most major companies handled this extremely poorly considering it was
signed into effect 2 years ago!

Of course, we should just get rid of DST all together, but that's besides
the point.