[THIN] Re: DOS program not working in Citrix

  • From: "Jeremy Lee" <JLee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:25:02 -0500

I thought you weren't supposed to use Hyper-Threading on 2k servers.
For some reason our LAN Admin that is in charge of the Citrix servers
thinks he needs to use it.  We have had problems with other old Dos
programs and we have told him to turn off hyper-threading but he won't
do it.

The machine does have 2 processors with hyper-threading enabled so the
machine thinks there is 4 processors.  I used imagecfg from this site
http://www.robpol86.com/misc_pgs/imagecfg.php and here are my results:

C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache>imagecfg -u NTVDM.EXE
NTVDM.EXE contains the following configuration information:
    Subsystem Version of 4.0
    Image can only run in uni-processor mode on multi-processor systems
    Image working set trimmed aggressively on small memory systems
    Stack Reserve Size: 0x40000
    Stack Commit Size: 0x1000

C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache>imagecfg -a 0x1 NTVDM.EXE
NTVDM.EXE contains the following configuration information:
    Subsystem Version of 4.0
    Image can only run in uni-processor mode on multi-processor systems
    Image working set trimmed aggressively on small memory systems
    Stack Reserve Size: 0x40000
    Stack Commit Size: 0x1000
NTVDM.EXE updated with the following configuration information:
NTVDM.EXE contains the following configuration information:
    Subsystem Version of 4.0
    Image can only run in uni-processor mode on multi-processor systems
    Image working set trimmed aggressively on small memory systems
    Stack Reserve Size: 0x40000
    Stack Commit Size: 0x1000

The program still hangs at OS2.exe.  Do I need to do the same thing for
that executable?