[THIN] Re: DNS

This is using MS DNS on 2K. It should be similar on 2K3.
If you open up DNS manager expand your forward lookup zones. If you go
to the properties of the domain(s) listed you can find the settings for
zone transfer. In your situation, I would first set up the forward
lookup zone on your DNS server of the using the DNS name of the remote
systems. For ex. I will say your network is network.b and the remote is
network.a. On your DNS server, setup a forward lookup zone of network.a.
Then, either you or the admin of the other network needs to go into the
DNS manager on the remote DNS server. Again, expand the forward lookup
zones and go to the properties of network.a. Select the "Zone Transfers"
tab. Place a check in the "Allow Zone Transfers" box. I would then
select the "Allow to the following server" and add the IP address of
your DNS server. By doing this, you do not open zone transfers to just
any server.=20

That is pretty much it.=20

=20
Philip Walley=20
Sr. Network Engineer=20
Consultrix Technologies=20
Memphis, TN.
=20
Consultrix Help Desk: (601) 956-8909
Memphis Office: (901) 383-1300=20
Memphis Fax: (901) 383-1375
=20

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robinson, Nick Posted At: Thursday, June 03, 2004 3:27 PM
Posted To: The thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] Re: DNS

I need to set DNS up to resolve the other domain I guess. I'm DNS weak.
;( mind pointing me to some directions?

Thanks