[THIN] DEP on XEnApp

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:34:25 -0000

Hi ,

Quick one 2003 R2 XenApp5 should I have DEP enabled or not.

Jut I am having some issues with an EAccess Violation on a custom
written app from a vendor and they can't seem to get to the bottom of
it. I see a lot of posts relating to DEP for this error.

Problem is it is very intermittent, and even when it happens to a user
if I connect to the same server I can run the app.

If turning off DEP isn't an issue, this may be the way to go.  I have
read that its best practice in 2008 R2 with XenApp6.5 but haven't found
anything on previous version.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton
Senior Network Engineer

Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland

IT Department
Naas Road, Rathcoole

Co. Dublin, Ireland
Phone: +353 1 401 1253
E-mail: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx <mailto:ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>

www.ltai.ie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.