[THIN] Customizing Message Center in Web Interface 4.6

  • From: "Chad King" <caking76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:55:06 -0400

I'm trying to generate custom error messages with WI 4.6 in the Message
Center.

So far by editing the Common_Strings.Properties file I have been able to
change the text for each message specifically I'm looking at the following:

AccountDisabled=Your account has been disabled
AccountLockedOut=Your account has been temporarily locked out.
CredentialsExpired=The servers indicate that the user credentials entered
have expired.
InvalidCredentials=The supplied credentials were invalid. Please try again
or contact your system administrator for help.

I would like to not only change the text but add a hyperlink to our Passport
server so that users can unlock there accounts, and change there passwords.

Example:

AccountLockedOut=Your account has been temporarily locked out. <A href="
http://passwordsite.com"; target="_blank">Please Logon to Passport to Unlock
your account.</A>

This passes through the Web Interface in the message center as plain text
instead of a hyperlink.  Anybody know of a way to make this work?

================

One other thing I was able to make work which makes me wonder why this
doesn't work is the default Message Center text.

MessageCenter1=The Message Center displays any information or error messages
that may occur. <A href="http://passwordsite.com"; target="_blank">Please
Logon to Passport to Unlock your account.</A>

This works just fine so I'm thinking HTML should work for all the messages
but it doesn't.

I can send screen shots if anyone wants them.

Thanks!
Chad