[THIN] Re: Console session with SessionID<>0

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 17:46:55 -0700

I have used remote console mode since introduction of Win2k3, but never paid attention to what happens with the original Console session when the remote session is attached to the Session 0.

The fact that original Console can have Session ID not 0 was something that I had overlooked before by assuming that console always has SessionID=0.

Also the fact that Session ID can be changed after user is already attached to the system was also a surprise.

ALEX

From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Console session with SessionID<>0
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:21:10 -0700

I am not sure about the session ID scheme, but I do know that the /console option definitely provides the true "O" system console. We have been using for some time now on a number of 2K3 installs and have had no issues using wherever "true" console is needed.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg Thin Client Computing 34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453 Scottsdale, AZ 85262 (602) 432-8649 (602) 296-0411 fax steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx