[THIN] Re: Configuration question

  • From: "Joe Mulhall" <Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:26:35 +0100

We've just put in a solution using the same setup; IChain, NMAS, EDir, =
Radius, IChain, NFuse, CSG, MetaFrame XP - but not Synergy.  NFuse =
actually carries very little load, as after the application set is =
presented to the user all traffic will be via the CSG to the Farm. You'll =
want someone who knows a bit about DirXML...

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Msg: #14 in digest
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:17:47 -0400
From: Gene Herman <hermang@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Configuration question.

We just went through an exercise to evaluate a secure portal using
Novell's Ichain product.
Needless to say it was a disaster - and we never got to the pilot. I
will discribe it only to give you some background.

User goes over the web through our firewall to a load-balancd iChain
proxy server and gets a login screen for name and password. Proxy Server
is in the DMZ. Out the other side of the firewall is a load-balanced
Novell server running NMAS, Edirectory, DirXML and a Radius product.
Stored on this server are NDS profiles and a secure id profile (Vasco)
which if authenticated sends back another screen to the web browser
requesting the value on his secure token. If this authenticates
It goes through a load balanced Zen Synergy server to the Citrix Farm
for his published Apps and thence to the Novell Servers where his data
resides.

OK - this was supposed to be piloted in August but we don't have budget
yet ( any day) and Novell says Aug 12 or push out a month because of
resource staffing.

Next idea proposed by Citrix is to use NFUSE , Secure ICA Gateway, A
certificate Server and ultimately authenticating to the Radius Server as
before.

Supposedly NFUSE sits in the DMZ along with the Secure ICA Gateway and
the Certificate Server and another box ( we are supposed to get a
diagram from Citrix for this) This would go to the Citrix farm and
subsequently to the Novell Servers.

Questions - has anyone implemented such a solution and do you have a
system diagram and server requirements.

I just joined this organization and while I have Metaframe 18 experience
- NFUSE and Secure Gateway is all new. Needless to say - the other guys
on the team are Novell guy so I am quite visible - Any ideas

Gene

The information being transmitted is intended only for the person or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material.