[THIN] Re: Come back in time with me - MF 1.8 Printer drivers

  • From: "Pardee, Michael P." <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:38:57 -0400

Hey Rick, we've been using this method for about a week and things are
definitely better.  Is the registry path you sent over the exact path?
Didn't match up with the path from Microsoft KB, so we went with theirs.

We are working on a new master wtsuprn.inf file to address most of the
mapping issues, but I am told that will only address auto-created printers.

Looking at this one piece of what you sent below:

AddPrinterDrivers=1
LoadTrustedDrivers=0
EnablePrinterSecurity=1
TrustedDriverPath=

In this case, no automatic driver installation occurs for anyone, and only
admins can install drivers manually.

I wanted to check to make sure the TrustedDriverPath was left blank
intentionally.  I am interested in stopping Admins from loading driver
automatically as well, and this looks like it would do it.  Your example
shows the settings at 1,0,1, Blank.  We have been using 1, 1, 0, and the
local path to the drivers.  We are still finding some new printers on there
and aren't sure how they are making it in.

I'm still tempted to lock down the registry key and the drivers/2 directory
under the spool directory as well.

   _____