[THIN] Re: Citrix vs. New Moon vs. Terminal Server vs. Jetro vs. DAT

All your base are belong to us.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Madden [mailto:brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 12:04 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Citrix vs. New Moon vs. Terminal Server vs. Jetro vs.
DAT

Hello All,

Hopefully you're not sick of my Friday morning posts yet.. :-)

A lot of people have been asking me recently about what I think if
different
server-based computing products. Some products (like MetaFrame and
Terminal
Server) I have used a lot, and others (like DAT Panther) I've barely
heard
of. I tried to find good info on the web comparing everything, but I
came up
short.

Therefore, I decided to write a comparison article myself.

I just finished the article (with help from Gabe Knuth). It's posted on
my
site at www.brianmadden.com/reviews/sbc_software_roundup.htm or
www.brianmadden.com/thin

This article compares the following products:

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services
Citrix MetaFrame XP Presentation Server 1.0 with Feature Release 3
Jetro CockpIT / BoostIT 3.0
Tarantella / New Moon Canaveral iQ 2.0
DAT Panther Server 2002

We wrote a quick overview of each product, and then put together a huge
feature chart that lays it all out.

We'll keep this thing up-to-date with new information and products.. If
there's anything we left out, please let me know.

Brian

Brian Madden
202.302.3657
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--------
Visit www.brianmadden.com for thin client white papers, books, product
reviews, courseware, and training videos.