[THIN] Re: Citrix to give away XenServer FREE

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:39:09 -0600

Microsoft is going to love watching a price war.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Umm, I think EMC still own part of them, but they were seperated and floated.

> How come I get the feeling that VMWare is the next Novell!

I hadn't thought about that, but everyone seems to be rallying around Xen, and if VMWare don't drop their price, it could well be a right thrashing for them.

Berny

2009/2/20 Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
Vmware is still an emc company right?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 19, 2009, at 10:57 PM, "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not a bad choice this week but after next week the rumors are strong that not only is Citrix going to give away the hypervisor, but also the Enterprise features such as Xen Motion and storage repositories. It will get very interesting, very quickly if this really happens!!

How come I get the feeling that VMWare is the next Novell!?!!?!  J

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85266