[THIN] Re: Citrix on VMWare

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:04:56 -0700

Half is pretty bad...  XenApp runs pretty good on XenServer platform.  And
if you believe Citrix's engineer it is a 20% performance cost with 32 bit
and 8% with 64 bit...  Those are 1 to 1  (1 VM per Host) numbers,  you
should be able to reduce the 20% performance cost by running multiple
instances.

Joe

From:  GTaylor@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:42:20 -0600
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually I have 6 or 7 PS 4.5 servers running as VMs, but they are low
usage, more utility type servers.  The main section of my farm is 34 IBM
HS21 blades and I'll be adding at least 20 more in the near future.  They
run a couple intensive apps, that with dual quad cores and 4gig I can get
about 20 users per server with good performance.  I'm wondering if I could
expect the same performance out of a beefy VM.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.