[THIN] Re: Citrix locking up...

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:18:08 +1100

Hi,

What you're actually seeing is that the login process isn't completing. If
you use ctrl-F1 (ICA session) or ctrl-alt-delete (console) and start a new
task (explorer) you'll probably get a desktop.

Causes can vary, but I'd check out the IMA service and the local host cache.
If the login process accesses network resources that aren't available, you
could also see this sort of problem.

Actaually had an instance today where a server appeared to freeze, problem
was due to a user account having expired, causing authentication errors
against a backend file server and essentially blocking all i/o to that
server. Checked the eventlog (security) on the file server and it was full
of authentication errors. Logged that user off, and the server recovered.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>