[THIN] Re: Citrix is slow loading Desktop

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:17:28 +1000

Hi Ryan,

I'd check a fewther things:

(1) the number of fonts installed on the server, since explorer check every
single font on login.

(2) what printer drivers you've got loaded. We had major issues with a
Lexmark printer driver that included an executable, lexdrv*.exe.

(3) The server PATH statement. If it has any network drives in it, this can
majorlly slow things down. Applications putting there directories in front
of %systemroot% and %systemroot%\system32 can also degrade startup times.

With no on-one else on the server, run up the NT file system monitor
(ww.sysinternals.com) and have a user log on. It'll generally be a real
eye-opener. If you want to cover all bets, I'd be looking at network traffic
out of the server at the same time, since that will often show up any
redirector funnies.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack