[THIN] Re: Citrix from an offshore connection

  • From: kenw@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:06:49 -0700

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks to me like the offshore
connection must be going over a satellite link.  If so, the latency (ping
time) is probably over 700 ms, which results in truly awful Citrix
interaction.

If you can't get the ping time under 200ms, it's not going to be very good.
You could try configuring Speedscreen 3 (aka local echo); some apps respond
well to it.

/kenw

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:37:54 -0600, you wrote:

>What do tracert's look like between the two points?  Sometimes these can
>show a slow leg that specifically impacts user experience.
>
>Bill

Ken Wallewein
K&M Systems Integration
Phone (403)274-7848