From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Joe Shonk
Sent: Wed 24/05/2006 3:23 p.m.
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrix farms over a WAN

Or prehaps Citrix isn't the best solution in this senario.... As much as we all
love and know citrix, it's not always the ideal solution.

Joe

On 5/23/06, Tony Lyne <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Thanks guys,

        So really the outcome from this thread is what I expected...

        Unfortunately in the ideal world I would have a centralized datacenter,
but in this case it's physically impossible due to a number of constraints,
business and technology wise.

        One thing I've been possibly considering is the use of a traffic
shaping appliance like an Exinda optimizer to quantify IMA traffic and then
shaping it to reduce impact on the WAN, and also from there look at compressing
it further.

        Tony Lyne
        Consultant

        Senior Systems Engineer

+64 6 353 7300

 <http://www.gen-i.co.nz>

+64 6 356 6800

+64 27 472 0696

tony.lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tony.lyne@xxxxxxxxxxx>

www.gen-i.co.nz <http://www.gen-i.co.nz>

        172-174 Broadway Avenue, PO Box 1470,
        Palmerston North, New Zealand

"This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately,
destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose
anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not
designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions
Act 2002."