[THIN] Re: Citrix and Netware Integration

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:59:19 +0800

Netware & Citrix ---Run away...Don't do it.

Published apps are much harder to implement with a client on the
machine.  Workstation counts become a problem, context issues will be
the end of you.

I can send more specific info offline if you want.

Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"

>>> roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx 30/07/2004 15:35:11 >>>
I did this for a school. Pretty easy... just used the Novell client on
the Citrix servers. There were some tweaks required to hide the last
logged in user, but I don't remember exactly what they were.

We just added a custom ICA connection to Zenworks and it worked fine.

Good luck,
Roger